How can I enable 2-Step Verification to secure my Ubisoft account?
How can I disable 2-Step Verification?
Enabling 2-Step Verification on mobile
1) Go to the Ubisoft Account website, log in with your account details and navigate to Security Settings. Once there, click on Activate 2-Step Verification.
2) Now you can choose if you would like to set up the 2-Step Verification for your email, or set up the 2-Step Verification on a mobile device. To continue with the mobile process, select the Google Authenticator option and click on Choose.
3) This will send further instructions to the email address currently associated with your Ubisoft account.
5) Download the Google Authenticator app for your smartphone or tablet. Please note that Google Authenticator is only available on iOS and Android.
7) After setting up your device, enter the code generated by the app to complete the synchronisation.
If the application is not accepting your code, please ensure the date and time on your phone have been automatically set.
For help with synchronisation on iOS devices, please visit the official Apple website.
For help with synchronisation on Android devices, please consult resources relevant to your device.
8) Take note of your recovery codes and click Finish. These codes will be used should your authenticator desynchronise or should you lose your phone and need to re-download the app.
9) Confirm that your 2-Step Verification is enabled. Please be aware that you may be automatically logged out of your account once you finish setting up 2-Step Verification.
Disabling 2-Step Verification
1) You can deactivate 2-Step Verification via the Account Management page or by navigating to Account information in the Uplay PC client and clicking Manage.
2) Once you have logged in, select Deactivate Two-Step Verification.
3) You will be asked to confirm if you wish to disable 2-Step Verification. Select Yes to complete the process.
If you have any questions about the security feature, feel free to reach out to us or consult our dedicated article.