If you have a retail disc copy of the game:
1. Insert the disc into your drive. Once the disk is in, it will show up on your desktop. Double-click on the disk icon to open it.
If you do not have the game disc:
Or simply wish to install Steam from their website, CLICK HERE for a video tutorial of the Steam installation process.
Once Steam is installed and you are logged in, you can skip to Step 7 below to enter your Rocksmith 2014 key.
2. Double-click on the Rocksmith CD icon in the window that appears.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts for the installation.
4. Login with your Mac OS credentials, then choose Install Software.
5. Once Steam has successfully installed, you can select Close.
6. Rocksmith is a SteamWorks game, which means it uses the Steam application to install and launch the game. Login (if you already have a Steam account) or create a new Steam account to proceed.
7. Steam should automatically open to the Steam Store. From there, click on + ADD A GAME at the bottom left and select Activate a Product on Steam.
8. Use the paper insert that came inside the Rocksmith 2014 game case to activate your product.
Enter the key exactly as shown on the insert, using all capital letters and including the dashes.
It should look like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Click NEXT when finished.
9. Next, you will see the End User License Agreement. Select I AGREE to continue.
10. The next screen will prompt you to install the game.
Make sure you have enough free space on your selected hard drive. Click NEXT when ready to proceed.
11. Check the corresponding boxes if you wish to create shortcuts. Click NEXT to proceed.
12. The game will now download and install. When complete, check the box next to View Steam Library and select FINISH to proceed.
13. You will now be viewing your Steam Library. Here is where your game(s) will be listed. Select Rocksmith 2014 from the list pane and choose PLAY.
14. Next, you will see a prompt for your Rocksmith 2014 CD key.
Press COPY KEY TO CLIPBOARD then choose PLAY.
You can also click Don't show me this again if you don't want to see this key prompt each time you open the game.
15. A prompt will appear to inform you of the Steam Overlay. Select OK to continue.
16. The game will now launch. Go through the intro screens until you reach the Rocksmith main page. Press ENTER on your keyboard to begin.
17. Next, create a Uplay account or login to your existing Uplay account.
18. Enter the CD key that you copied to your clipboard in step 14. Paste it into the field by pressing the Command key and the letter V at the same time.
19. Create your in-game profile (think of it like you are naming your save slot) and enjoy the game.
If you need any further assistance, please submit a ticket at our Support site. You will need to log in to your Uplay account to ask a question.
A Ubisoft Support representative will address your request as soon as possible.