If you are receiving any multiplayer connection issues, or having trouble connecting to a multiplayer game please try the following:
Start by testing your Xbox live connection with the following steps:
- Start at the Xbox 360 dashboard.
- From the My Xbox menu scroll to the far right to System Settings.
- Choose Network Settings.
- Select your connection type (wired or wireless).
- Choose Test Xbox Live connection.
If this test shows your connection type as either moderate or strict then you most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.
There are three possible NAT types:
1. Open NAT has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players
2. Moderate NAT will have some restrictions and be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
3. Strict NAT may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.
If your NAT type is moderate or strict, please try the steps below:
- Restart your network hardware. Turn off your Xbox 360, Modem and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
- Fully power up your modem
- Fully power up your router
- Turn on your Xbox 360 and test the Xbox Live connection again.
if you are still having trouble after completing the above steps, then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.
If you are unsure how to configure the ports you can contact your Internet service provider for help.
Farcry 3 Required Ports
TCP: 53, 80, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074
Finally, if this does not solve your connection issues, try placing your Xbox 360 in the DMZ of your router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.