1. I heard that Ubisoft have stopped charging for the Uplay Passport, is this true?
You will automatically be prompted to purchase or enter a Uplay Passport code when starting the game or entering Multiplayer. Gamers currently without a Uplay Passport for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will be able to download one for free from Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.
To get your free Passport, select the option to ‘Buy a Uplay Passport’. This will show you the shop listing for the Uplay Passport on PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store. Proceed to purchase the item, please note that the item is free and you will not be charged.
If you bought the game new and have already redeemed the Uplay Passport code found in the game box, you already have the Passport active on your account. No further action is required.
For those who have purchased
a Uplay Passport for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, please contact Ubisoft support HERE
.2. What are the benefits of my Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Uplay Passport?
A Uplay Account and Uplay Passport is used to add extra content for both the multiplayer and the single player parts of the game. The following table will help you understand what parts of the game require either.
|Item||Uplay Account||Uplay Passport|
|See and Participate in Community Challenges||Not Required||Not Required|
|Gain Community Rewards||Not Required||Not Required|
|Discovery Sharing||Not Required||Required|
|Access news, DLC, stats, leaderboards, etc.||Not Required||Not Required|
|Unrestricted Multiplayer (aka ability to acquire new abilities and customization pass Level 10)||Required||Required|
|Uplay Actions/Rewards||Required||Not Required|
|Season Pass||Not Required||Not Required|
|Fleet Metagame (Companion App)|| || |
|Access fleet Metagame from game||Not Required||Required|
|Access game from companion app||Required||Not Required|
|Link console game data to companion app||Required||Required|
|Be listed in friend's game companion app||Required||Not Required|
|Access fleet Metagame from companion app||Required||Required|
|Post on social wall/feed to friend's companion app||Required||Not Required|
|Access Black Flag content (wall, treasure maps, game status, fleet) from companion app||Required||Not Required|
|Access interactive map in companion app||Required||Not Required|
|Real time access to map in companion app||Required||Required|
3. How do I activate Uplay Passport?
- On the first launch of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, you will be prompted to activate, buy, or play without a Uplay Passport.
1. Start by selecting Activate My Uplay Passport
2. Enter the 12 character (PS3/PS4) or 25 character (Xbox 360/Xbox One) Passport key included with your game in all caps and with dashes. Select Done when finished (Bottom/Right)
3. On the following screens, select Continue and accept the Terms of Service. You will then receive the option to download your Passport
4. Once complete, you will receive a notification that your Uplay Passport has been activated
- Alternately, you can activate your Uplay Passport via the in-game extras menu:
1. Select Extras from the main menu
2. Select Additional Content
3. Press Triangle or Y for Redeem Code
4. Select Prepaid Card Code to enter your Uplay Passport Key in all caps
4. My Uplay Passport key is invalid. What should I do?
Uplay Passport keys are unique and can only be used once.
The most common cause for an invalid key is incorrect user entry.
Start by re-entering your Uplay Passport key in all caps.
If still unsuccessful, start by documenting the FULL error message received.
Next, please scan an image of both your key card as well as the dated receipt. Click the Ask A Question tab above and submit both images along with the FULL error message for further assistance.
5. My Uplay Passport Key is already in use. What should I do?
Uplay Passport keys are unique and can only be used once. If you have already activated your Passport on a different account, you will not be able to activate a second time.
In many cases, you will receive this error message if you have purchased a used copy of Assassin's Creed 3. If you purchased a used copy of the game, you can buy a new code online via the PlayStation network.
If you have purchased your copy of Assassin's Creed new, please click the Ask A Question tab above and submit a digital image of both the key card and dated receipt along with the FULL error message for further assistance.
6. Will different profiles on the same console need separate Uplay Passport keys?
No. After a Uplay Passport is redeemed by a console user, ALL other profiles on the SAME console will be able to access the content.