The type of troubleshooting would depend on the root cause of the issue. We will summarise a few basic or general steps in this article that usually help with most situations players encounter.
Check if Uplay PC is in offline mode
Check the bandwidth usage in Uplay PC
In order to fix or to improve the download speed in Uplay PC, you may sometimes need to change the bandwidth usage limit from None to another setting. To do so:
- In the Settings menu choose the Downloads tab or scroll down until you see the slider that allows you to manage the download speed for Uplay PC.
- Using the slider, set the speed limit to the value that is closest to your connection speed.
- Save the changes.
- Check your downloads for improvement.
If the situation is the same, try to lower the limit by one step. We advise you to experiment with different values to find the one best suited to your case.
Network configuration can vary depending on your hardware and software. To solve common issues, we suggest trying the following actions:
- Check that you are using a private network and not a public one.
- If you own a smartphone, you can create a WiFi hotspot on your mobile device (3G/4G) to unlock your download or to check if there is an issue with your main network connection. Be aware that if you try downloading a full game through your mobile device, your mobile provider might charge you for the data. We advise using this only as a step to confirm if your network configuration is impacting the download.
- For more connectivity troubleshooting for Uplay PC, please check out this article.
If your issue persists after completing the above steps, please don't hesitate to contact us.