This patch corrects a small problem with the benchmarking tool in Version 1.2.
DETAILS PATCH 1.2
PROBLEMS SOLVED IN THIS VERSION:
- The 3D Sound button in the Sound config area is now properly
activating/deactivating 3d hardware sound acceleration/positioning;
- In Shadow Projector mode, the shadow filter design was changed to LOW/MEDIUM
= 2x2, HIGH = 3x2, VERY HIGH = 3x3 depending on the value of Effects Quality in
the video settings menu;
- Holding or Pushing CTRL while going back to the main menu no longer bring you
back to a cube map with a default texture;
- Laser micro success/failure computation fix;
- Benchmark mode (see instructions in readme file);
- No more guard/unguard, check/uncheck to speed up performance;
- No more Shadow Details in Shadow Buffer mode (that setting was useless on
- No more bugs submitted to EPIC;
- 800x600 is now supported by 32 MB video cards;
- GeForce 256, Radeon 7500 cards and Xabre 200/400/600 cards (with 3.11
drivers) are now officially supported;
- Night vision fix for several graphic cards;
- Video memory optimization.
DETAILS - PATCH 1.1
The patch fixes the following bugs:
- RenderingModeNormal.cpp: Fix Radeon 9700 rendering issue with double sided
reflective transparent surfaces.
- ETexSFX.utx: Fix "static wall/floor fire" texture issue + water quality
- UnShadowProjector.cpp: Fix visibility issue with dynamic actor being clipped
by the visibility engine and still being rendered because of the static shadow
texture cache. Massive performance improvement on shadow filtering by removing
5 passes from the filtering algorithm.
- ETexEGO.utx: Fix reflection issue on moving vehicles in Chinese 2 (Feirong
limo and Unimog truck).
- 0_0_2_Training.scl: Fix projector not associated to light gameplay object and
causing detection (lightmeter) in the first gun trial.
- EButterfly.uc: Butterfly is now a soft body actor to disable the static
shadow texture cache when a butterfly is in a projector range.
- EFish.uc: Fish is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture
cache when a fish is in a projector range.
- EPCSoundConfigArea.uc: Fix a bug with the real time sound slider when one of
the slider was set to 0 then playing until a map transition happened, then all
sounds sliders were reset to zero.
- UnRenderVisibility.cpp: Software light beam rendering is now used by any card
unable to render the shadow buffer algorithm to allow for the GF2MaxDistance
parameter to take effect.
- Most maps: General design quality improvement with shadows.
- For all cd-rom's 16X or lower (16X, 12X and 8X), you must choose the full
install. Splinter Cell will not function properly with minimal install.
- We recommend closing all applications when playing the game.
- We recommend not installing the application in the Windows folder or in the
root of the C: drive.
- Microsoft(r) DirectX(r) 9 included in the CD-ROM.
- DirectX Latest Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads
- Splinter Cell PC does not support Game pads.
- Please note that on supported 32MB video cards, you are forced to play with
minimal specs (minimal resolution 640x480; minimal shadow resolution and
minimal shadow details).
- We do recommend to use the latest graphic card drivers:
. For the NVidia GeForce2-3-4 owners (see above for supported cards), we
recommend the 41.09 drivers.
Very important: set performance&quality settings to application.
You can get the latest NVidia drivers @ http://www.nvidia.com
. For the ATI Radeon, recommend the Catalyst 2.5 (6218 for 2000/XP) or better.
You can get the latest ATI drivers @ http://www.ati.com
. For the Matrox Parhelia owners, we recommend the 1.02.00.042 drivers.
You can get the latest Matrox drivers @ http://www.matrox.com
- You can get the latest Hercules drivers @ http://www.hercules.com
- You can get the latest Creative Labs drivers @ http://www.creative.com
- For more information visit our site http://www.splintercell.com
* Minimum Configuration:
- 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon
- 256 MBytes RAM
- DirectX 8.1b
- 32 MBytes video card
- DirectX 8.1b compatible sound card
- 8x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive
- 900 MBytes Hard Drive Space
* Recommended Configuration:
- 1000 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better
- 256 MBytes RAM or better
- DirectX 9
- 64 MBytes video card
- DirectX 9 compatible sound card with surround system
- 24x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive
- 1,6 GBytes Hard Drive Space
* Splinter Cell supports the following graphic cards
- Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX
- Nvidia GeForce3 family
- Nvidia GeForce4 family
- ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700
- Matrox Parhelia
Contact Us Over the Internet
This is the best way to contact us. Our website is open 24 hours a day 7 days
a week and it contains the most up to date Technical Support information
available including patches that can be downloaded free of charge. We update
the Support pages on a daily basis so please check here first for solutions to
your problems http://support.ubi.com/