In this article, we'll review how to enable 2-Step Verification on a mobile device. Please note you can also do so using emails.
2. Navigate to Security Settings. Once there, click on Activate 2-Step Verification.
3. Select the Google Authenticator option and click on Choose. This will send further instructions to the email address currently associated with your Ubisoft account.
4. Follow the steps outlined in the email. If the link in your email has expired, you can request a new one by repeating step 1.
5. Download the Google Authenticator app for your smartphone or tablet. Please note that Google Authenticator is only available on iOS and Android.
6. Open the Google Authenticator app once downloaded, select Set up account from the option menu (or click the plus button in the bottom right) and choose your preferred method.
7. After setting up your device, enter the code generated by the app to complete the synchronisation. If the application is not accepting your code, please have a look at this article.
8. You will be shown six recovery codes. These codes will be critical to update or solve any 2FA related issues. Please make sure you store them in a secure location.
9. Confirm that your 2-Step Verification is enabled by going back to the Account management website. Under Security settings, you should see a message stating that your account is secured by 2FA.
Should you wish to make changes to the 2-Step Verification, please follow our dedicated article for assistance.
If you would like to completely disable the 2-Step Verification instead, please follow these instructions.
If you have any questions about the security feature, feel free to reach out to us.