What is Gold Rush?
When thebar fills up to the top, it triggers a Gold Rush, filling up your health and making you invincible. During Gold Rush, you even get points for hitting the mines! Each shark has a different Gold Rush duration and takes a different amount of points to fill the bar up to 100%. Each time you trigger a Gold Rush, the bar fills up +7%, making it quicker to get the next one, up to a maximum of 50%.
Are there boss enemies?
- Submarine: you just need to boost into the front window, but watch out for its torpedo attacks!
- Enemy Sharks: there is an Enemy version of each playable hungry shark swimming in the levels. Wait for your Gold Rush to chomp on the biggest ones!
- Paragliders: you'll need something to reach them in the sky! Equipping your shark with the Jetpack accessory should do the trick.
- Fishing boats: As a small shark, you can boost out of the water and eat the fishermen in the boat. But if you have the Megalodon or bigger, you will eat the entire boat whole! It's a feast for the eyes!
How do I defeat the Crab Boss?
The Giant Enemy Crab has 4 versions of different colours, and is much bigger and stronger every time. You may have to wait before the next version appears. The final boss is the Black Enemy Crab and it only shows up once the other crabs have been defeated. This last boss enemy can respawn and carries high rewards, but the respawn rate after defeating it is much lower. Try reaching a high score to increase the chances to find it!
Struggling to beat the last boss? Try the Crab Fork to deal double damage!
Please note; the Giant Enemy Crab isn't available on low-end devices.
What are the Missions and how to complete them?
What is an event? How do I take part?
How do the portals work?
The central portal will teleport your shark to the North Pole where a wrecked boat is caught in the ice. You can break into special icebergs and boat debris to open your way to new parts of the wreck and discover tons of awesome Easter Eggs! You will not be able to return to the wreck for 12 hours unless you buy an entry ticket in the shop for 10 gems. Entry tickets ignore the waiting time left and give you the possibility to enter the level again within the 12 hours following your previous run. You can carry up to 10 entry tickets at a time.
The eastern portal will teleport your shark to Shawaii, a tropical sea surrounding a giant volcano. You can enter Shawaii every 2 hours and eating Seal Pups will help you stay longer. Stay away from the volcanic lava jets and meteors coming from the sky!
What is the Sharknata?
How do I find all of the Sunken Treasure?
You can purchase the treasure map in the shop to help you find the sunken items, but some are scattered in locations that may be difficult to reach when you have a low-level shark. Discovering and gathering all 15 sunken items is one of the first and best missions to accomplish in the game. It can be very useful when you want to accumulate points and beat high scores if gathered during gold rush!
How does the day and night cycle work?
Can I play against my friends?
Feel free to share your ideas about a multiplayer feature with our support team.
What is the shark shop and how do I use it?
The first screen is the shark selection screen.
- Swipe left or right to explore your shark collection and select the one you want to use.
- Check your shark size and level.
- Tap on your currency levels in the top right corner to open the 'Treasure tab' and buy coins, gems or watch ads for more.
- Tap on 'Bite', 'Speed' or 'Boost' to upgrade your shark stats.
- Tap on 'Missions' to check your missions achievements and shark information.
- Tap on 'Special Sharks' to open the Laboratory and play with one of the special sharks.
- Tap on 'Play' to select your shark.
The second screen is the items selection screen.
- Swipe left or right to explore the items shop.
- Tap on the item price below the icon to view the description and confirm the purchase.
- There are different categories of items: accessories, gadgets, babies, maps, skins... See the relevant FAQs for more details.
- Tap on the camera icon in the top left corner to open the photo mode. See 'Can I take photos and record gameplay?' FAQ for more details.
- Tap on 'Play' to dive into the sea!
Can you tell me more about the sharks?
Classic sharks - ramp up from the little reef shark to the most powerful sea monsters! The more your shark eats, the bigger it gets. Level up to level 10 to make the next shark available for coin purchase. From Great White onwards, you would need to take your latest shark out for one game session to unlock the next shark for gem purchase.Check the 'What are the classic sharks?' FAQ to know about each one of them!
Special sharks - Professor Kempstein is a rogue professor pushing the limits of science by experimenting on sharks, creating unnatural hybrids! You can unlock the Professor's laboratory after your first game. Unlike Classic sharks, you can buy special sharks in any order, no matter what your progression is, but you can't equip any items on them. Special sharks come with fantastic special powers but they don't grow like regular sharks. Once your game session ends, they return to their initial size. Tap on the "Special Sharks" icon on the bottom left of your Evolve Menu to open the lab. Check the 'What are the special sharks?' FAQ to know more about each one of them!
What are the classic sharks?
1. Reef Shark - An entry level shark that prefers shallower waters and smaller prey, but still boasts a nasty nip.
2. Mako Shark - Known for its agility, the mako is faster and stronger than the reef shark. Can take on more aggressive prey.
3. Hammerhead Shark - The hammerhead is a cunning hunter. It has a ferocious bite and can grow to a large size.
4. Tiger Shark - Tiger sharks have colossal jaw power and are capable of surviving most enemy attacks.
5. Great White Shark - By far the largest and deadliest of the sharks. Feed him up to become a ten ton eating machine.
6. Megalodon - The size of a house with razor sharp teeth... the most ferocious predator to ever exist is back in the ocean.
7. Big Daddy - A newly discovered prehistoric colossus.
8. Mr. Snappy - Quick and agile, this gentile gent is very charismatic, friendly and fun.
9. Alan, Destroyer of Worlds - Sent from another world to destroy Earth, but found a different place to belong.
10. Moby Dick - A grey nightmare emerged from the seven seas. Moby Dick stuns all enemies around when bossing with a full boost bar and when landing.
11. Leo - A prehistoric shark inspired by the skeleton of liopleurodon. Leo can smash through rocks and crawl on land without any penalties to health.
12. Nessie - This iconic diva uses portals to confuse sharks and humans alike! Opening a portal during Gold Rush triggers a Wormhole full of fish!
13. Sharkjira - An ancient monster awakened by radiation polluting the ocean. It can shoot laser beams, walk on land and crush everything in its path.
What are the special sharks?
1. Electric - Loosely based on the shockingly terrifying, prehistoric 'Scapanorhynchus Shark'. Special power: Electric Shock. Unlock it for coins by reaching 75000 points.
2. Sharkeleon - A hybrid between a shark and a chameleon, and a bit of a copycat too! Can absorb pyro, ice and electro shark abilities for 60 seconds and turn invisible. Unlock it for coins by reaching 200000 points.
3. Wereshark - Its wolf form increases its size and speed. Triggering Moon Rush increases its speed, but also decreases everyone else's speed. Eating the moon also gives you temporary immunity! Unlock it for coins by reaching 250000 points.
4. Ice Shark - Based on a creature that is rumoured to exist beneath the ice sheets of the moon Europa. Special power: Super Freeze Bath. Unlock it for coins by reaching 250000 points.
5. Natasha (Narwall) - The most athletic narwhal in the ocean, it can throw javelins and catch its prey from afar. She will also impale enemies as she swims around! Unlock it for coins by reaching 350000 points.
6. Robo shark - Using the latest technology, comes with built in jet thrusters! Special powers: Turns mines into missiles. Unlock it for coins by reaching 400000 points
7. Pyro shark - Summoned from the depths of a fiery volcano, it can fly through the skies and its fiery breath burns all in its path. Special powers: Dragon Breath, Flight and Meteor Storm. Unlock it for coins by reaching 500000 points
8.Ghost shark - This shark is pretty much invincible since it's already dead. It can pass through walls and won't take any damage from enemies. Be careful, it can take damage during the 'Ghoul Rush'. Unlock it for coins by reaching 750000 points.
What are the shark babies?
- Snowshark Baby - Don't trust its cute face, it is a cold blooded fish-slayer! Snowshark Baby fires carrots out of its nose every four seconds, freezing prey in its place!
- Jira Chan - a baby shark following Sharkjira underwater to finish off your prey! It also helps you survive longer by giving you +45% stamina. Domo, Jira-Chan!
- Lepreshark Baby - your new lucky charm! Equip it to raise the fish spawning by 25%, making it the perfect companion for long runs and high-score attempts.
- Bat Baby - Who said vampires fear salt water? Bat Baby's victims leave a black mist. Bat Baby helps you survive longer with +15% food value bonus for every kill.
- Lava Baby - Burn, baby! It protects your shark from fire explosives such as mines, torpedoes, and volcanic vents.
- Zephyr Baby - It doubles how long your shark can boost for. Speedy!
- Astro Baby - It reduces gravity, allowing your shark to jump higher out of the sea and stray airborne longer when used with the Jetpack accessory. And it can fly! If you're using a smaller shark, it also stops you from water pressure damage when swimming in deep water.
- King Baby - it earns your shark an extra 50% Gold per game session.
- Pirate Baby - a very classy pirate, with a thirst for gold! It turns edibles into gold, King Midas style! It won't have any effect during gold rushes though, don't be too greedy!
- Flea Baby - Survive longer adventures with Baby Leo by your side! Equip it to get a bonus of +45% Stamina.
What are the accessories and gadgets?
- Laser - It automatically shoots prey from a distance; once stunned, prey can be easily gobbled up. You also earn double points for eating stunned prey. You can combine it with the Jetpack accessory for deadly air-to-air and air-to-ground attacks!
- Jetpack - It upgrades your shark's boost for longer thrusts. The power of thrust is linked to the shark's boost rate. You also get a 30% speed increase underwater when boosting. Complete 50 missions and it's yours for free! Air-to-air and air-to-ground attacks are rewarded with double points.
- Shark Vortex - It does exactly what it says on the tin: it vacuums up the prey that can normally be eaten by the shark wearing it. The bigger the shark, the bigger the vacuum radius. Once the collar lights flicker, it's ready to be activated. Press the screen with another finger (as you would to boost) to activate the vacuum.
- Sharkveillance - See the big picture with a zoomed out view of the action. Spot your prey from further away and plan ahead to make the most of your run!
- Shark signal - Increase the number of babies you can equip! You can upgrade the shark signal up to level 3.
What is the Shark Week Pack?
What do the different maps do?
- Basic Map: A complete overview of where you can swim (or fly!) in the level.
- Mission Map: Shows all the locations of where the uncollected Mission Shells are located for the shark you're currently playing as.
- Treasure Map: Reveals the locations of all the Sunken Items. Also useful for showing the locations of special goodies when we run seasonal hunts!
What is a Skin and how do I get it?
You can buy normal skins for gold or gems, and Epic skins can be acquired within Starter Packs through direct purchase. Every pack includes gems, coins, a baby, and an Epic skin with a passive skill to help you boost your new shark! When acquired, scroll towards the end of the shop to find your skin and tap to equip or remove it.