If you do not have access to a smart mobile device, you can enable this security feature on your email account.
2. Navigate to Security Settings. Once there, click on Activate 2-Step Verification.
3. Select the Google Authenticator option and click on Choose.
This will send further instructions to the email address currently associated with your Ubisoft account.
4. Follow the instructions outlined in the email.
If the link in your email has expired, you can request a new one by repeating steps 2 and 3.
5. Download the Google Authenticator app for your smartphone or tablet.
Please note that the application is only available on iOS and Android.
6. Open the Google Authenticator app once downloaded, select Set up account from the option menu (or click the plus button in the bottom right) and choose your preferred method.
7. After setting up your device, enter the verification code generated by the app to complete the synchronisation.
If the application is not accepting your code, please have a look at our troubleshooting article.
8. On the next page, you will see six recovery codes. Take a screenshot of the codes or copy them down and store them in a secure place.
To confirm that 2-Step Verification was enabled successfully, check your Security Settings.
You can make changes to the verification method or disable the 2-Step Verification at any time. Note that you also have the option to manage trusted devices.
If you have any questions about this security feature, feel free to reach out to us.